Grate Swan,

Cool down there, bro, I was only expressing an opinion -- me, a guy
who has no economic degree and has read but a few articles.  I can get
educate myself about derivatives and see if I misunderstood my
previous readings, but can you educate yourself out of that
high-hatting haughty attitude as easily?  That attitude has my
emotions saying, "fuck Swanny if he's going to be such a shitheel
about punishing me for my daring to have an opinion without a
scholarly background."

You're killing the conversation with a dark vibe.  That said, I like
so many of your posts, that I'm choking back my words for the sake of
future goodwill, so work with me here.

As for the points you make, I get the satire, believe me, but caveat
empor only goes so far in mitigating the sins of the financial
industry.  Are you a Ron Paul supporter who would abandon so many
institutions and laws overnight and then hope that the ensuring melee
would eventually sort itself out?

There's some very very smart folks marauding some not-so-smart folks,
and the proof that caveat empor is not the only proviso that can be
relied upon is that the housing collapse happened.  Why?  Because the
bankers were NOT TELLING ANYONE ABOUT CAVEAT EMPOR and instead
marauding the masses when the masses suddenly thought they had a quick
way to get a nice house and eventually sell it for a profit that was
far beyond what other investment vehicles could promise.

The bankers knew or should have known and I've read that they did know
about this bubble-about-to-burst up to five years before the burst
came, but during all those years they were arranged for mortgage after
mortgage with folks who had no wherewithal to speak of.

It's one thing to just say "let them all die," it's another to see
that ordinary folks are not able to invest safely without regulations
limiting the hype of investment bankers.

Edg