This post was a troll.

I could just sit back and see who responds to
it, and how. But instead, for a change, rather
than allowing everyone to project into the post
what they believe my *intent* was in posting it,
I will spell it out for you. It was a troll.

It was a "generalized rant" not just about the
arcane subject of film criticism, but about what
I perceive as the fundamental difference between
two approaches to spirituality, and to posting
about spirituality on Fairfield Life.

The *intent* of this post hearkens back to an
earlier post of mine, in which I compared FFL to
both a playground and a battleground. Some who
post here clearly perceive it as a playground.
When they post, they *rarely* declare their
opinions "better" than other people's, or "more
correct," or "more authoritative."

Others -- and I do not need to name them, because
you knew exactly who I was referring to the mom-
ent you saw the word "Others" -- clearly feel that
this place is a battleground. Their whole ACT on
this forum is to declare their opinions, or the
opinions of their preferred spiritual teacher or
spiritual tradition "better," "more correct,"
and "more authoritative."

So this post is a troll in that I am offering
people an opportunity to WEIGH IN on this
generalized subject. If you feel like it, WEIGH
IN and tell us whether you feel that your opinion,
or that of your preferred spiritual teacher or
spiritual tradition, **IS** "better," "more
correct," or "more authoritative" than anyone
else's.

IMO, it's OK to believe this. The whole *history*
of spiritual belief and spiritual practice is based
on the belief that one POV or opinion is "better,"
"more correct," or "more authoritative" than any
other. It's OK to believe that this is a forum
NOT composed of equals, and that some posters
here -- and their opinions -- **ARE** "better,"
"more correct," and "more authoritative" than
others.

On the other hand, I don't personally believe that
believing this makes it so. Me, I tend to believe
that IT'S ALL JUST OPINION, and that
none of those opinions are any "better," "more
correct," or "more authoritative" than any other.

But that's just my OPINION.

What's yours?

WEIGH IN. If you feel like it.