On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 9:30 AM, curtisdeltablues
<curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk_bernha...@...> wrote:
>>
>> Maharishi believed that Guru Dev had a huge yajna which saved the world from
>> > the continued woes of WW2.
>
> Funny I thought it was guys like my dad spending four years of their youth
> sleeping in muddy holes while facing death each day, watching their closest
> friends die or become mangled before their eyes and then living the rest of
> their lives with pieces of metal shrapnel in their bodies and waking up in
> cold sweats and terror every night for decades afterwords.
>
> He'll be glad to know it was really some uber-religious guy pouring ghee on a
> statue in safety and comfort thousands of miles away from the battlefield.

The Guru Dev yagna and Maharishi Effect would of course be seized by
the local police as more cops on the beat, by the military as their
getting new, more powerful weapons.  Even the crime rate going down
because (now this one was difficult even for me) the percentage of
young, tending towards crime, men had dropped.

Didn't you get the memo?