On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:03 PM, sparaig wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:

I wonder: if all these celebrities came together to do a charity- entertainment for, say, raising public awareness of 3rd world travail, don't we all know that they could fill a stadium with folks who paid serious bucks for the tickets? Lots of baby boomers out there.

Instead, all we get is 6,000 seats filled?

Ringo and Paul play together for charity and this is the number? WTF?

Er at $500-$1000 per ticket, not counting the $100 grand packages for donors at
the afterparty.

Um, that number is totally bogus, spare.  I heard they
started at $75...don't know what the most expensive were,
but it's seriously unlikely they came anywhere near that.

They can't even get anywhere near that much scalping them.

Sal