--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> The problem with wind turbines is if you put up too many of them they will
> cut down all winds blowing across the world and this will cause our planet to
> stop spinning on its axis and we will all be throw into deep space along with
> planes, trains, automobiles, and anything else that isn't tethered to Mother
> Earth.

Not quite, but it IS possible for a wind turbine farm to "rob the wind" locally
and affect local weather patterns.

Its like planting a really tall grove of trees somewhere. If plants/animals in
that
 location depend on the wind to distribute moisture or whatever to the rest of
the system, then the trees disrupt the local pattern and the local ecology.

An inverse of the overfarming that created the sahara dessert.