Clever response!  Thanks for the glib put-down.  I'm braced thereby.

I have been positioning myself here as someone who's in the know about quite a
few science frontiers, and, you got me good with my knee jerkingly thinking you
were possibly serious. I'll consider it a belated April Fools joke.

If Turq is wrong, and you do believe the crap below, I suggest you not express
"your truth" to anyone in the real world lest you be recognized as a
world-class chicken-little.

It is possible to slow the Earth's spin, but only with massive massive power --
such as that tsunami in Indonesia which slightly slowed the Earth's spin.  The
wind farms will have to have millions to tens of millions of turbines out there
to even begin to affect the Earth's spin.  And, the Earth would have to stop
quickly (within a few seconds) in order for anything to be spun off into space.

Edg