--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2009, at 5:21 PM, bob_brigante wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> >>
> >> But BILL O'REILLY? That's going too far.
> >
> > *******
> >
> > I've never liked Howard Stern's schtick, and I don't like O'Reilly's
> > schtick, but so what? They both are displaying an enthusiasm for TM,
> > and I like that. Like MMY always said, even a sick man can run a
> > health-food store.
>

> I think the principle here is similia similibus curentur, like cures
> like, therefore like seeks like. O'Reilly is naturally attracted to
> that which is like him: the elitism, sentimentality and puritanical
> elements of Vedic religion, esp. as expressed and marketed in TM dogma
> are naturally attractive to a Republican Roman Catholic. "Birds of a
> feather...".

******

Let's see, marketing TM for atrisk kids in the poorest neighborhoods makes it
"elitist," describing TM (accurately) as a "mechanical" technique for expanding
awareness makes it "sentimental," having a smoking, multiwived (serially)
sometimes quasisoftcore-porn artist like David Lynch as your most prominent
public spokesman today makes it "puritanical."