On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Rick Archer <r...@searchsummit.com> wrote:

> I like this post. Explains a lot about Bevin, IMO. It's interesting
> that it's been 5 years and FFL just goes round and round discussing
> the same subjects, only with a whole lot more b.s. now.

> Except that there are quite a few women, some of them married (or now
> divorced) who would attest that Bevin isn't gay, at least not exclusively.

Rick, Bevin doesn't have to be gay.  My world would not fall apart
around me if he isn't.  But I've spoken over many beers with guys who
tell me that their wives, girlfriends, team buddies all believed that
they were absolute studs.  Then they finally decided they had enough
and outed themselves.  Others have no intention of outing themselves.
They are happy with things the way they are.  They love their wives,
they love their kids,  they don't want to lose it all because they
prefer guys. They just pretend that they're studs.

One guy I know developed prostate cancer at an early age, had his
prostate excised and now is no longer potent unless he threads a
prosthetic device in place so he has what appears to be an erection.
So now he no longer has to appear to be a stud, even in front of his
wife. That, plus his traveling on business gives him a perfect cover.

There are Yahoo groups I've happened upon which deal entirely with how
guys can pass as hetero studs while making their golf or racketball
partners something more than just that.

I have some friends who are the product of extreme physical and mental
child abuse.  They can very easily say one thing and do another and
because they're masters of the dissociative state, it's not problem
for them.  So while you keep bringing up Bevin's being a proven home
destroyer and stud, my gardar, such as it is, and the True Confessions
told in absolute confidence (I tend to elicit that in people in a one
on one situation) tell me otherwise.