--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> Barry, I think it's great you are helping to raise a baby.
> It's a beautiful experience. How do you feel about it? Share.

It's a very "it takes a village to raise a child"
experience, for many reasons.

The biggest is because my best friend is part of a
polyamorous relationship, and thus there are three
"live-in parents," not two. Seeing them actually
get along and share equally in all aspects of
raising a daughter is pretty inspiring.

I'm not there all the time, only "as needed." So it
is sometimes several days or a week between times
that I get to see Maya. ( Maya the little girl, not
Maya the concept. :-)

Thus I actually have more of a perspective on how
much she has changed since I saw her last than the
parents do. They're there 24/7, and so big changes
sometimes escape their notice because they're so
gradual. Me, because I'm not there all the time and
because I am by nature a "people watcher," I tend
to notice. Often I'm the first to point out a big
change, like the transition between not being able
to move her head to follow people as they moved and
being able to. Or her discovery of the wonders of
having feet.  :-)

She's only three months old, so she doesn't say much
yet. :-) But she has already laughed out loud (not
just smiled), so that's pretty neat. A good sign.