Vaj wrote:

> It's interesting understanding the doshas and observing the reality of
> different people, how they behave and what styles of actions they will
> take. It's pretty clear that Off World is an example of a vata type,
> with some pitta mixed in--what we would today call an ectomorphic
> type. These types are quite common in new age groups: fanatical, often
> obsessed with imbalanced high-vata diets of one sort or another--and
> defending them as if their lives depended on it. You'll also find them
> jogging, biking and moving about with any number of other vata-type
> distractions around town.
Around here some of the bicyclists can be very strident.  They behave
like they are superior and above the rest of us.  That's mainly the
skinny minny ones (vata) who will growl at motorists.  In SF they've
been known to damage cars during end-of-the-month rides through town
there.  And around here there are some one way streets with clearly
marked one way bike lanes that the idiots will go down the wrong way not
even dawning on them that a car emerging from a side street won't be
expecting anyone coming the wrong way on those paths.  Whap!  One fewer
bike idiot to worry about.