--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2009, at 7:48 AM, do.rflex wrote:
<snip>
> > Obama IS going to get a decent health care reform
> > bill passed and the economy IS starting to gradually
> > turn around despite your self-revealing and self-
> > defeating incessant bitter carping.
>
> Amen.  It's clearly become a personal issue for rd,
> she's basically lost all self-control or sense of
> perspective as far as Obama is concerned.

Actually, Raunchy (and I) had the sense of
perspective way back during the primary that
Obama's supporters are only now beginning to
wake up to. From Bob Herbert's column today:

"...It's still early, but people are starting
to lose faith in the president. I hear almost
daily from men and women who voted
enthusiastically for Mr. Obama but are
feeling disappointed. They feel that the
banks made out like bandits in the bailouts,
and that the health care initiative could
become a boondoggle. Their biggest worry is
that Mr. Obama is soft, that he is unwilling
or incapable of fighting hard enough to
counter the forces responsible for the sorry
state the country is in.

"More and more the president is being seen by
his own supporters as someone who would like
to please everybody, who is naïve about the
prospects for bipartisanship, who believes
that his strongest supporters will stay with
him because they have nowhere else to go, and
who will retreat whenever the Republicans and
the corporate crowd come after him...."

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/22/opinion/22herbert.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

http://tinyurl.com/noogxs