From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Vaj
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:27 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Silence

On Dec 23, 2009, at 12:03 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In  <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> "Silence vibrating is Creation. Silence flowing is Love. Silence
> shared is Friendship. Silence seen is Infinity. Silence heard is
> Adoration. Silence expressed is Beauty. Silence maintained is
> Strength. Silence omitted is Suffering. Silence allowed is Rest.
> Silence recorded is Scripture. Silence preserved is Our Tradition.
> Silence given is Initiating. Silence received is Joy. Silence
> perceived is Knowledge. Silence stabilized is Fulfillment.
> Silence alone is."
>
> Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

I think he forgot "Silence writing me a check is all that matters."

How about "silence is a dead rishi." :-)

Interesting aside, it's been recently revealed that those drama-laden
"silences" that Mahesh used to supposedly do every January, weren't actually
that, uh, silent. He just held private meetings instead of more public ones!

One of his personal secretaries once told me that MMY ate and worked on
stuff during those silences, but that he did so alone. I was in the room
several times when he came out of silence, and at the time, his darshan
seemed much more profound to me. It took him a couple of days to resume
speaking at a normal volume.