On Dec 23, 2009, at 5:29 PM, ShempMcGurk wrote:

> ...and yet you're the one who has spent, literally, thousands of hours on a
> forum devoted to the discussion of TM.

This forum is not solely dedicated to the discussion of TM, but to the extent
that it is, it was helpful in the past to hear some things I hadn't heard, to
hear from people processing their good or bad experiences, to have many of the
scandals and abuses revealed, etc. I guess it'd kinda be like being in the
Catholic church and being on a list where all the dirty secrets were revealed
and some of the good things as well.

As I've said many times before, I'm more interested in people who were once
involved with TM, but not necessarily the TMO, who've moved on and grown, and
how. Since TM was a part of my early life (I learned TM as a young teenager who
saved his lawn cutting money c. 1974). Fortunately where I lived I also had not
only representatives of the Holy Shankaracharya Order, but people who knew Guru
Dev and the intimate realities of mantra-yoga/mantra-shastra. Without those
touchstones, there could have been the real danger of becoming involved
seriously in the TMO. But fortunately these other avenues prevented that in a
positive and constructive way.