> > > Good for her.
> > >
> > > The young man had been subtly dissing her by treating
> > > her as a charity case instead of an entrepreneur.
> >
> > Which makes you, once again, a schmegegy.
>
> AZ, if you know, please clear up for me some
> of the mystery of the term "schmegegy."
>
> Being not of the Jewish persuasion, the only
> times I have heard this phrase in my life have
> been accompanied by a grimace of cognitive
> dissonance, my face reflecting the fact that
> I simply don't get the reference.
>
> A Jewish friend of my acquaintance, exorted
> over a shared joint back in college to define
> "schmegegy" for me, replied:
>
> "You know how when you go to the laundromat
> to do your wash and afterwards you discover
> weird lint stuff in the pockets of the washed
> clothing, stuff that you can't quite figure
> out the origin of? Schmegegies."
>
> So what's the literal meaning?

Schmegegy is a noun meaning idiot with connotations
or being full of hot air. If you referred to someone as
full of baloney, the person you were referring to would
be a schmegegy.

Lets say, for example that someone said that  schmegegy
was a wimpy way to bash but then spent 3 post responding
to the comment. That person defines being a schmegegy.

The use of examples to define subtle differences in words
is often hilarious. Some of the ones used to differentiate
schlemiel and schlimazel make me laugh till I cry.