> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > AZ, if you know, please clear up for me some
> > > of the mystery of the term "schmegegy."
> > >
> > > Being not of the Jewish persuasion, the only
> > > times I have heard this phrase in my life have
> > > been accompanied by a grimace of cognitive
> > > dissonance, my face reflecting the fact that
> > > I simply don't get the reference.
> > >
> > > A Jewish friend of my acquaintance, exorted
> > > over a shared joint back in college to define
> > > "schmegegy" for me, replied:
> > >
> > > "You know how when you go to the laundromat
> > > to do your wash and afterwards you discover
> > > weird lint stuff in the pockets of the washed
> > > clothing, stuff that you can't quite figure
> > > out the origin of? Schmegegies."
> > >
> > > So what's the literal meaning?
> >
> > Schmegegy is a noun meaning idiot with connotations
> > or being full of hot air. If you referred to someone as
> > full of baloney, the person you were referring to would
> > be a schmegegy.
> >
> > Lets say, for example that someone said that  schmegegy
> > was a wimpy way to bash but then spent 3 post responding
> > to the comment. That person defines being a schmegegy.
>
> Thanks. So my friend's suggestion that a
> schmegegy was an individual with the same
> basic worth as trouser lint was correct.

Another example of analogy and example being spot on
to clarify definition.

Thanks for your suggestions regarding my Blue Moon
maladies. Come to find out, it was nothing that a near
felonious motorcycle ride on some deserted highways
and byways followed by howlin' at the moon with 100K
of my closest friend couldn't cure. I feel much better now. :-o~

http://www.fiestabowl.org/index.php/blockparty/entertainment/

Say, back in the day, did you ever know Hans Olson? I would
wager Bruce Cockburn knows him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Olson