On Feb 28, 2010, at 11:34 AM, ShempMcGurk wrote:

>> Subject: Maharishi threw the Beatles out
>> Author: Willytex
>> Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
>> Date: March 17, 2006
>> http://tinyurl.com/ykvndqr
>>

> At that link, Willy, you write, in part:
>
> "Chopra's account sounds pretty credible to me - I never bought the
> "Maharishi made a pass at Mia" theory. According to my sources, the
> Beatles were all stoned on drugs at the Rishikesh TTC. The Maharishi
> threw them out - as would be expected - so in revenge Mia and the Fab
> Four made up a bunch of lies about the Maharishi. John Lennon, in my
> opinion, was a liar and a hypocrite - stoner to the end, who brought
> Yoko in through the bathroom window. I think that's all crap what's
> being said on your Yahoo! Group - FairfieldLife. What a bunch of liars
> and Maharishi-bashers over there. You're full of crap about the
> Maharishi's private sex life, or lack thereof. You and John Manning
> ought to take a hike together - you're full of it, that's fer sure."
>
> While it may be true about the drugs and all that, I'm sure you realize that
> Mia Farrow is convinced that she had "the moves" put on her by Maharishi.  In
> her book "What falls away" she relates this episode at the end of the
> Rishikesh chapter.
>
> Amazon used to provide all of "What falls away" as searchable and I have, in
> the past, linked to it.  But now they only give samples, so I can't.  But it
> is clear Farrow thought she was having the moves put on her.  More
> importantly, with a sister who is gung-ho on the movement it is unlikely
> Farrow would say it if she didn't fee that way. Now, it may be that Maharishi
> was perfectly innocent about his intentions but Farrow certainly didn't feel
> that way at the time.

When in doubt, go to Google Books.
They also have cut way back on
what they provide, but a search
for Maharishi in What Falls Away
produced the following:
(all abbrevs mine)

p. 137 "Nearly every afternoon MMY sent for
me to come to his bungalow for a private
talk.  From the start he had been esp.
solicitous and attentive to me, and I had
responded with wary..."

That was all I was able to get, despite putting
in "wary" as well as other words to try and
fool it into burping forth more.  But it did
give this little tidbit when I put in the term
"bungalow": p. 139 (speaking about the cameraderie
of Rishikesh) "Then a self-important, middle-aged
American woman arrived, moving a mountain of
luggage into the brand-new private bungalow next to
MMY's along with her..."

Could this self-important American woman
be our Nancy?

http://bit.ly/beGkX4

Sal