--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2010, at 11:34 AM, ShempMcGurk wrote:
<snip>
> Amazon used to provide all of "What falls away" as searchable
> and  have, in the past, linked to it.  But now they only give
> samples, so I can't.  But it is clear Farrow thought she was
> having the moves put on her.  More importantly, with a sister
> who is gung-ho on the movement it is unlikely Farrow would
> say it if she didn't fee that way. Now, it may be that
> Maharishi was perfectly innocent about his intentions but
> Farrow certainly didn't feel that way at the time.
>
> When in doubt, go to Google Books.

Or, just Google. Here's the quote:

"Now we will meditate in my 'cave,'" said Maharishi, and
I followed him down steep wooden steps into a dark, humid
little cellar room that smelled of sandalwood. It was my
first time in his cave: there was a small shrine with
flowers and a picture of Guru Dev, Maharishi's dead
teacher, and a carpet on which we settled ourselves in
the lotus position to meditate.

After twenty or so minutes we were getting to our feet,
still facing each other, but as I'm usually a little
disoriented after meditation, I was blinking at his beard
when suddenly I became aware of two surprisingly male,
hairy arms going around me. I panicked, and shot up the
stairs, apologizing all the way. I flew out into the open
air, and ran as fast as I could to Prudy's room, where
she was meditating of course. I blurted out something
about Maharishi's cave, and arms, and beard, and she
said, It's an honor to be touched by a holy man after
meditation, a tradition. Furthermore, at my level of
consciousness, if Jesus Christ Himself had embraced me, I
would have misinterpreted it.

Still , I flung the essentials into my faded cloth
shoulder-bag, stuffed passport and money into a pouch
hung around my neck, and without a plan, and nothing to
lose, I dashed out of the gaurded gates headlong into the
spreading Indian twilight.