> This made my week. I am posting this while only halfway
> through it, taking a break to wipe tears of laughter from
> my eyes. After the fallout of the Bhakti Barbie incident,
> and subsequent discussions of "pushing it out" and occult-
> ism and "attention vampires" and what the number of friends
> you have on Facebook *really* might mean

(Just for the record, there was no such
Facebook friends discussion. Barry's
imagined it.)

, this just cracked
> me right up. I may have given myself a hernia from laughing.
>
> http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/267112
>
> As a Facebook newb, coerced into it by well-meaning but
> clueless friends who are adorable but haven't figured out
> that it's a total social-networking attention suck, I can
> more than identify with Kyle's predicament. I only have
> 59 Facebook friends, and I think that's overdoing it.

I have a Twitter account, not under my real
name, which I almost never use (I've sent a
total of 4 tweets, all private, since I joined
back in January of last year) and read only
every now and then.

But I've somehow acquired 15 followers, all
but three of whom I'm *not* following
(including the mayor of Newark and Robert
Parry, the Consortium News guy who wrote the
article on Republicans plotting to take over
the government that was posted here recently),
and half of whom I've never even heard of.

Must be my electronic Shakti, but I'm sure not
"pushing it out."