A rather irritating Guardian journalist goes in search of inner
peace.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/08/tanya-gold-meditation
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/08/tanya-gold-meditatio\
n>

>From my own experience I'll say that TM does not prevent anger, there
are no shortage of stroppy, short fused people in the TMO. The only
reason I don't count myself among there number is that I retain a bit of
self awareness and can hold it back until I've rationalised whether
someone deserves a good kicking or not.

In fact it was one of the great surprises to me that TM made me very
angry indeed and quite a lot of the time, last thing I expected given
the literature. Shame I was never asked to be in a study about it's
effects, might have swayed the figures a bit.

So what causes anger in meditators? Is it unstressing or an imbalance
somewhere or the release of repressed urges and the revealing of my
"true" self? Or am I just a miserable git who wants to destroy the
world?

Maybe TM is unsuitable for some people and we'd be better off doing a
different, less fraught, type.