--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <fintlewoodle...@...> wrote:

> A rather irritating Guardian journalist goes in search of inner
> peace.....

Why irritating? I enjoyed this. Some very funny bits. The
Buddha statue in the shrine "for some reason reminds me of
a very small football fan"--I don't see it myself from the
photo, but it's an engaging image. I also liked "I am in
danger of turning into a rug."

(Question: How does a pot of stew manage to explode??
Maybe she was using a pressure cooker and the vent was
clogged?)

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/08/tanya-gold-meditation
> <http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/08/tanya-gold-meditatio\
> n>
>
> From my own experience I'll say that TM does not prevent
> anger, there are no shortage of stroppy, short fused people
> in the TMO. The only reason I don't count myself among
> there number is that I retain a bit of self awareness and
> can hold it back until I've rationalised whether someone
> deserves a good kicking or not.
>
> In fact it was one of the great surprises to me that TM made
> me very angry indeed and quite a lot of the time, last thing
> I expected given the literature.

FWIW, only time I experienced anger related to TM was
finding myself a bit touchy right after doing my TM-Sidhis
program. I extended my rest afterward for about 10
minutes, and that went away.

<snip>
> Maybe TM is unsuitable for some people and we'd be better
> off doing a different, less fraught, type.

Don't know how TM could be considered "fraught." It might
well bring out fraughtness in *people* who are fraught,
though. Did you ever try resting longer afterward? Sorry,
I know that's the TM party line, but it worked for me.