TurquoiseB wrote:
> -
> Did you ever study martial arts? The easiest person
> to defeat is someone you have provoked into anger.
> When you're angry your discrimination and your focus
> goes into the toilet, and so (testably) does your
> reaction time and balance. You only *think* that
> you're "hopped up and firing on more cylinders than
> usual" when you're angry because of the chemical
> anger rush. That rush -- as with so many other chem-
> icals -- doth not prove itself valid in real-life
> situations.

And how do you provoke someone into anger?  Probably by at least
"appearing" angry yourself.  Probably not by laughing and smiling
(though in certain situations mocking may work).  Recently anger over
McCain's vitamin supplement bill got it killed.  I'm sure if people had
just pleaded "oh please, oh please, dear sir, don't pass such a bill" it
would gone through.  They DO react to anger or what appears to be
anger.   I think they've become so used to Americans being apathetic
they thought they could get away with anything.  Now maybe not.

> One doesn't need to be angry to Do Something. In fact,
> you'd probably accomplish more if you were less angry
> and more cunning and balanced. With all due respect,
> I'd like to see a lot less everpresent, simmering anger
> and big talk from Americans about a "revolution" and
> a lot more revolution.

Nothing wrong with being an "agent provocateur" to get the crowd out of
stagnation and pro-active.  Think about things the corporations are
getting away with today and 30-40 years ago they wouldn't have dared
because people were quicker to react and protest.

>> Now that they are finally waking up and are angry you think
>> it is bad?
>>

> Not bad, just weakening IMO. It's a martial arts thang.
> That's just how I see things. Angry = easily manipulated
> and off balance.

Not necessarily.  The government in fact seems to be over reacting.  If
we get them to over react enough then the government can look really bad.

>> Sure some of their anger is misdirected. I think instead of
>> marching on Washington DC this coming week they should be
>> marching on 85 Broad St. in New York. That would be totally
>> appropriate and send a real message.
>>

> A better action might be to stop paying their taxes
> and stage a general strike so that nothing in the
> country moves. That sends a message, too.

They aren't that bold.  Some are and they get arrested for it.  Mostly
they are afraid of losing their jobs and that might happen if they
marched into HR and maxed their withholding (the only way the majority
can stop paying taxes).
> "People should not be afraid of their governments.
> Governments should be afraid of their people."
> -- V for Vendetta

And that is what the public is starting to do: make the government
afraid of them.