> > Having discipline (as in attending to things) in spiritual practice.
>
> Who is more "disciplined" in their spiritual practice,
> Buck -- the person who believes that spiritual practice
> is limited to meditation, going to the domes or to visit
> the occasional saint and stuff like that, or the person
> who believes that everything he or she does all day,
> every day, no matter how insignificant or mundane, is
> part of his or her spiritual practice?

Well yes, is all part of the experience and the practice of discernment has a
lot to do with the spin of the subtle spiritual system of the soul.  I should
suspect that science will show it too in time as they would look further in to
spirituality.  Like seeing the neuro-physiology of sin also by contrast with
with what they are finding as the physiology of spiritual practices.  In the
science as it is in the experience.  That contrast might well teach you to
repent your ways if the scriptural advice won't.

Spiritually,
" "Sin" requires a complex definition.  It is not a transgression against an
arbitrary code of behavior decreed by a whimsical God.  The Creator made human
a spiritual being, a soul endowed with an individualization of His own divine
nature.  He gave to the soul, evolved from its own Self, the instruments of a
body and a mind with which to perceive and interact with the objects of a
maya-manifested universe.

If man lives in perfect harmony with the machinations of these principles, he
remains a spiritual being in charge of his body and mind.  Sin is that which
compromises that perfect self-mastery.  It has its automatic negative effect to
the degree of the influence of delusion with in it -involving no condemnation
of an irate God.  Man's free-will actions simply harmonize and strengthen the
expressed essence of his soul perfection or weaken and degrade it into mortal
enslavement."   -Yogananda

Jai Adi Shankara,
-Buck