--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, blusc0ut <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pall <thomas.pall@> wrote:

> > "No effort is wasted because no effort is used!" -MMY commentary.
> >

> That's a good one, very smart. Actually no effort is ever used, as there is
> no doer :-)

People like to tell me that "intent is 'required" to meditate and therefore
there has to be some effort.

MMY said "least effort in the directon of less effort" and my observation is
that whatever effort you find yourself using, is more than is necessary.

Of course, if the effort is so slight that you don't even notice, is there
effort or not?

ANd if meditation begins spontaneously without you even noticing until 20 or so
minutes later that you have begun thinking the mantra and going through cycles
of mantra, thoughts, mantra, thoughts, no mantra, no thoughts, mantra,
thoughts, etc., did you use effort to begin?

If there's no effort to begin, and no effort to continue and you drift into the
sutras practice spontaneously after 20 minutes of the above, again without
noticing, and then drift into Yogic Flying practice...

Where's the effort?

Mind you I'm not claiming that this is a good/best/worst/ideal situation, just
that it has happened.

Lawson