It is a different kind of meditation Vaj. There is never an attempt to discern
the object clearly with TM.

The focus in TM, if you can call it that, is on the movement of the widening of
the container of consciousness, not on any object within it. The dynamic of
consciousness expansion is the focus, if you can call it that, in the front of
the mind.

Because consciousness is always moving, there is no object to discern. The
mechanics are quite different from what you are describing, Vaj.

During the practice of TM, The mantra is appreciated over time, at random
intervals of attention, shedding its own soft light on whatever state of
consciousness we find ourselves in, and on whatever random thoughts may be
associated with that. That flow of attention from the mantra to thoughts or no
thoughts, and back, is not to be appreciated or judged, but just easily
experienced.

Less structured. More holistic, outside of logic, unless we want to include
discrimination between this and that without judgment, as logic.

You are just describing a different form of meditation.:-)