Same reason I had less and less to do with the TMO over the years - I saw
established arrogance and corruption. The last TM course I went on was that big
Washington DC one about 20 years ago.

I was quite excited when it was announced and immediately reserved and paid for
a single room for myself. Many weeks later when the course began, I was asked
to show up at a large hotel for a room assignment. I got there on time, around
4PM. Finally, after being there six and a half hours, watching rooms being held
for Governors who hadn't showed up and other odd things, I was given a shared
room in a dormitory on a campus far away, with no apologies. I was completely
bummed - not what I wanted or expected, or had paid for. There was no
explanation of what happened to my reservation or why, though even at the
remote facility, single rooms were still being held for absent Governors. I
stayed one night and left the course the next afternoon. Sayonara, and all
that. :-)