--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@...> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 7:25 AM, whynotnow7 wrote:
>
> > Same reason I had less and less to do with the TMO over the years - I saw
> > established arrogance and corruption. The last TM course I went on was that
> > big Washington DC one about 20 years ago.
>
> Which was right when I was leaving DC and moving here~~
> no interest in going and I haven't been to a course since.
>
> > I was quite excited when it was announced and immediately reserved and paid
> > for a single room for myself. Many weeks later when the course began, I was
> > asked to show up at a large hotel for a room assignment. I got there on
> > time, around 4PM. Finally, after being there six and a half hours, watching
> > rooms being held for Governors who hadn't showed up and other odd things, I
> > was given a shared room in a dormitory on a campus far away, with no
> > apologies.
>
> Probably Gallaudet College~~a nice campus, but
> definitely far away, esp. if you'd paid for a single.
> Did they at least drive you out there?  If not,
> how did you get there? And how did you and the others
> get back and forth?  I hope they didn't make
> everyone take the Metro.
>
> > I was completely bummed - not what I wanted or expected, or had paid for.
> > There was no explanation of what happened to my reservation or why, though
> > even at the remote facility, single rooms were still being held for absent
> > Governors. I stayed one night and left the course the next afternoon.
> > Sayonara, and all that. :-)

I was there for most of the course, and that was my last big one, tooThe whole
atmosphere was creepy and I realized I could not put up with the crap any
longer. One thing I liked:The best interaction I had with anyone in charge was
seeing John Douillard for some sort of evaluation - maybe health or Ayurveda?.
I had never met him before but really liked him in the 10 minutes I spent with
him.  He seemed genuine, compassionate and not at all full of the lingo and
remoteness of the usual "leaders" at the time. Further, he positively radiated
and glowed something special - really seemed super healthy and solid.  I
thought at the time that he was not long for the TMO, way too nice a guy - and
I  believe he left not long after.