Bluscout, practically I find this a really interesting thread.
Thanks for taking the time to draw it out so nicely.
I know for myself that it is useful to me to chant certain mantras.
And by experience it is a good and fine use of time to chant some
while driving long distance highway kind of driving.
Saraswati settles the system, Gayatri makes a good chakra cleanser/tuner, and
Mrtyanjaya Mantra for ensoulment refresh.  Is each very useful spiritually.
That's my experience.  Then doing them while placing them in the chakras as
driving along is awesomer.   I'll use them also as I am out riding along on a
long trail by myself too or just putting training miles on a horse going down a
gravel road.  It's very possible.

-Buck