--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, blusc0ut <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > <snip>
> > > I may be in the Sahasrada chakra as well, which, I found
> > > gives me an added attention span, actually a higher
> > > ability to concentrate. I just mention it, not for anyone
> > > to practise, but it is certainly possible. Maybe Vaj knows
> > > what I am talking about, I am sure Rory would.
> >
> > Can't comment on this at all.
>
> Judy, you ask all kind of questions about japa, and relate
> it to your definitions of TM, giving the analogies you
> learned.
>
> Yet, when I give you my experience just as above, there is
> nothing you can say. How can I continue with this dialoque?
> It is really impossible.

Well, it may be impossible for you, but it's not because
I wasn't able to comment on the bit of esoterica you came
up with above. GMAB!

> I think that you extend certain analogies too much,
> which are nothing else than teaching devices. Analogies
> like the dye/dry of the cloth, or the bubble diagram are
> just illustrations. They have a point but their
> implication is in no way absolute. Just like the bubble
> diagram, it illustrates a certain aspect, but you are
> confining the whole thing  to this one aspect.

I'm really not. The dying-the-cloth analogy is just a
starting point. I think we get way off track talking
about japa, which is why I was trying to pin down the
distinction between japa and TM, and then get back to
TM specifically via the dying-the-cloth analogy.

> If you ask me about my experience about japa and/or
> transcendence with activity, I have to refer you to
> experiences as I just described them above.

You describe the results of your japa practice, not
your experience of the practice as a practice.

> To me Japa is watering the root, which is the root of the
> aswatha tree, with its roots above, at the sahasrada, and
> the stem leading to the heart, and the branches leading
> from there to all other centers of the body. This is, as
> I say, my spontaneous experience.

Nice analogies. ;-)

> As Maharishi says, bliss is most important, bliss rejuvenates
> the nervous system. Well, that's what it is, 24 hrs bliss
> (or in that direction). The model of the refinement of the
> mantra is something given in the beginning.

Say more about this. I'm not sure how it connects with
what we've been talking about.

> The antogonism you construct between meditation and activity

"Antagonism" is a strange word to use; and *I* didn't
"construct" the difference between meditation (TM)
and activity.

> is undermined by the TM techniques which follow p/v TM
> itself.

I don't see that it does undermine it.

> The advanced techniques are defined as slowing down the
> transcendence process, so that it happens more consciously,
> the siddhis are supppsed to actually introduce activity in
> transcendence. So, the whole division between ONLY
> transcendence and ONLY activity is already blurred.

I don't think that's correct, because these practices
aren't *done* during activity.

> The problem is that all these concepts are like the boat
> that you carry along, after reaching the other shore. That
> is to say, there is a time, the concepts should be dropped,
> they have fulfilled their purpose.

Yes, yes, I know, but we can't talk about these things
without using concepts.

If you don't want to continue, that's OK. I'm sorry we
couldn't get into it any further, but I appreciate the
conversation.