--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

> Wiki is all right to start but rarely to finish.

Wiki just makes references here to the Vedas and Upanishads.

> Yes, dala means petal. So are you taking lessons now from Billy?

Nope. I am not really interested in the semantics of it all. Sahasradala is
just the name a friend had introduced to me at the time. I think he had it from
Aurobindo. It's the one which stuck to me. I also like Brahmarandhra.

> I'm
> delighted to determine that we are merely mechanical automatons with
> wheels-a-plenty, leaves on trees and mantras written in fine filigree on
> the petals of the flowers that cover those trees.

I don't really associate any imagery with it. The petals are just symbolic,
basically the Sahasrara contains the petals of all the other chakras. So, these
are really contained within it.

> Even better, we can depend upon Vyasa when he describes the "fixing
> on a place" (desha-bandha) of the chitta, which must mean what we
> mean by "mind", right? The same for dharana on
> the"heart" which is "like" a downward-pointing lotus
> flower in the pond at night before the sun arises in the morning.
>
> Why ... even "the mind" can be divided now, at least when doing some of
> that terribly dangerous "japa" ... right?

Gheez, the mind is all division anyway, it's what it is all about.