Actually, the only sense in which it's "prima
facie" evidence that "completely contradicts"
the ME hypothesis is that of a first impression--
and a hasty, thoughtless one at that.

If the ME hypothesis were that a percentage
of people equal to or greater than one
percent of the square root of the population
of an area practicing the TM-Sidhi program
together would eliminate all violent crime in
that area, Peter would have a case.

But that isn't what the ME hypothesis says.
It says only that violent crime should
*decrease*. One instance of violent crime
would invalidate the hypothesis only if there
had been no violent crime at all, or only one
violent crime, in the area previously.

There are plenty of entirely legitimate
reasons for serious doubts about the validity
of the ME hypothesis. This one doesn't even
begin to qualify.

Sal, of course, wouldn't know the difference.
But Peter should.

(That's 50 posts for me this week.)