You just fell for an old game.  As I said a few days ago:

> The whole point of bringing
> the level of the conversation down to mere argumentation
> over words is TO bring the conversation down to the level
> where the arguers feel comfortable and "in their depth" again.
>
> A few days ago we were having a great discussion about
> fairly interesting Unity-based perceptions such as the role
> and nature of desire and expectation in enlightenment and
> whether or not it was a favor for those who have had enlight-
> enment experiences to tell the truth about "non-enlightenment"
> to those who still believe in it. Now the general level of
> discussion has degenerated to nitpicking about the meaning
> of words.

Arguing is the only level of spiritual discussion
with which Judy is comfortable.  Just watch.  Every
time the discussion moves into the realm of real
experience, and people here start having conver-
sations that she can't join in because she's never
had any of those experiences, within a couple of
days she will start an argument about petty things
to bring the level of the conversation down to a
level she is comfortable with.  It's a ten-year
pattern on a.m.t.  The appropriate reaction is not
frustration but pity.