--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Sam Harris has posted a second follow up to his post on his
> own blog about free will (the link to which tartbrain originally
> posted on this forum). In this post he takes a slightly different
> tack on the subject:
>
> You Do Not Choose What You Choose
>
> Many readers continue to find my position on free will
> bewildering.

As I have suggested about other believers in the
lack of free will here (and that they have failed
to reply to), if they are so convinced that there
is no free will, WHY are they working so hard to
convince others (whom they insist have no free will)
to change their minds and embrace the "no free will"
position?

If Harris is correct, his thoughts on this matter
and his ability to decide for free will or against
it are not his own. The decision was made for him.
He at no point had the ability to "choose what he
chose."

If he is correct, all of the people he seems a bit
perturbed with for not understanding or agreeing
with his position *also* have no free will. Just
like him, they also at no point had the ability
to "choose what they chose."

So why is he continuing to argue, as if they (or
*anyone* reading what he writes) had the free will
to choose to change their minds as a result of
reading it?

Something in this scenario doth not compute.