--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:

> curtisdeltablues@ wrote:
> > >

> > > That is way too judgmental for me to go with Judy.  You
> > > are not a reference point for what the "right thing" is
> > > for me.
> >
> > Yes, you and I have very different ethical standards.
> >
> People who are intellectuals have a lot of problem with ethics, morals
> unless someone has a clear intellect like Judy. I know well because I
> was like this not too long ago. 3rd & 9th house are opposite to each
> other - 3rd for the conscious mind, 9th for values, morals. Hence Barry
> and the likes who can't distinguish between truth and lies - because in
> their opinion it's all "opinion", so it's completely OK to lie, deceive
> and manipulate.
> It's a delicate balance between the 3rd and 9th and hence I call them
> the Three Decepteers - masters of intellectual deception, tart is
> teetering on the edge.

While astrology does not seem to me to have any significant correlation with
reality your comment about intellectuals having problems with ethics is
interesting. May be that having that ability to juggle complex concepts in a
more expanded level of abstraction blurs the distinctions and blurs one's
ability to observe how the average person is going to react. There seems to be
strong scientific evidence that many basic ethical stances are hard wired into
us (Sam Harris wrote a book about this, which unfortunately, I have not read).
Maybe these gut level impulses can be overridden by intellectual mind.

Weiner's problem might be chemical; maybe he just has an over abundance of
testosterone.

I wonder what his wife is going through. At least she is in the company of
someone who has had a similar experience. It would really be interesting to
know what they talk about.

Bill Mahr and Jane Lynch did a reading of a transcript of one of Weiner's
exchanges on his cable program. This is not something that would be broadcast
on a network program. I saw this on another person's computer today as mine
does not have sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HClsBFDLye4&feature=player_embedded#at=96