--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Astrology can be used to look at the blueprint we are born
> > with, our innate tendencies, conditionings, strengths and
> > weaknesses, the areas where we are imbalanced and will be
> > tested so we continue our evolution to the supreme. It's an
> > incredible tool for personality development. I have no
> > interest in using it for mundane predictions.
>
> I'd add that *even if* there are no correlations whatsoever,
> even if the chart isn't a "blueprint" of anything but the
> positions of the heavenly bodies, the basic system astrology
> provides of personality analysis can be extremely useful.
> It's like a sort of alternative Diagnostic and Statistical
> Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), except that it's holistic
> in that it deals with health as well as illness; it doesn't
> involve statistics; and it's considerably more humanistic,
> covering a wider range of human experience, including
> spirituality.

IMO, the human physiology is the living system that reflects the effects of the
planets in the solar system.  It is through human consciousness that we can
understand their influences in our individual lives, physically and
psychologically.  From the individual level, we can foresee the effects to the
national and global levels.