> This morning's cafe rap is purely informative. In it
> I'll springboard off of one of my favorite quotes of
> recent years and how I think it's relevant to two
> vastly different forms of spiritual teaching, and why
> I prefer one of them over the other. (Note that I use
> the word "prefer." This is NOT the same as saying that
> one of these approaches is "better" than the other,
> merely that someone might prefer one over the other,
> depending on their predilection in life.)

However, Barry will do his damndest not only to make
his preferred approach *sound* better than the other,
he will also attempt to portray himself as "better"
for preferring that approach and to demean those whose
"predilection in life" is the other approach (i.e.,
TMers, of course). Note in particular his final
paragraph below:

> Some, on the other hand, might not only be happy with the
> theoretical approach to spiritual teaching, they might
> actually prefer it, the way that some prefer reading or
> hearing about other people's spiritual experiences to
> having their own. Different strokes for different folks.

IOW, his disclaimer above is nothing more than lip
service. He does not have the slightest intention
of describing the approaches in such a way as to
suggest MMY's approach was as good as the one Barry
"prefers."

Regulars here, BTW, will be aware that Barry has
delivered this particular rap many, many times, yet
he presents it as if it were new and fresh.