--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]

Is that parallel to telling ones spouse "our marriage vows will be stronger if
I get the 'blessings' of another lover or two"?

There appear to be a couple of approaches: smorgasbord and chef' special. In
the first, one creates one own meal, as one thinks best suits them. Another is
to trust the chef and say, "Serve me what your think is the best -- you are the
chef." In the latter, one doesn't typically say -- but I want to get a side
order from the chef down the street.

Both the smorgasbord and chef special approaches may be useful -- one for some,
the other for others. But asking for side dishes from another chef when asking
the chef's special may not instill the highest devotion and attention from the
chef to prepare his utmost best for you. He may wait until you are a serious
diner.