From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of jpgillam
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:59 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Help a Saint - Lose Your Badge

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rick Archer" wrote:

> > I think it's a pity that the movement continues to sabotage
> > its own interests by behaving like a blinking cult.

Many of us think the TM organization's prime interest is to
teach TM, but that's a mistake on our part. The TM organization's
prime interest is to maintain the purity of the teaching. That's why
it bans cross-pollination with other teachings.

Behaving like a cult does not interfere with, and may actually
promote, the maintenance of the teaching in the form Maharishi
transmitted it.

Maharishi used to say "the purity of the teaching depends upon the purity of
the teachers". If that's true, the teaching was never entirely pure, but it
might be made more pure if the teachers got the blessings of a saint or two.