Judy,

You would be spinning your wheels like the other speculators here. There
is no relationship, whether actual or imagined between the various
strata of the Vedic system and any form of Christian theology.

Christian theology developed as various layers of Hellenic polytheism
were grafted onto Semitic monotheism. This shotgun wedding was recently
called a "bastard union of the inherited conglomerate" and
rightly so. It only became de rigueur in the parlors after being made de
jure by Constantine. Such is the history of this Godly
"illumination" made popular by privileging the
"faithful" (City people) over the pagans (country folk).

Perhaps it could be intelligible to talk about Latin horizontal
hypostases versus Orthodox vertical hypostases as two different ways to
think while considering Trinitarian speculations. But what's the
point?

  I think the key here is to recognize just how speculative all this is.
It is even more vacant of meaning than trying to stitch Blavatsky's
Theosophy onto Vedic/Puranic/Tantric cosmology.

……………………………………………………………………………..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" rorygoff@ wrote:
> >
> > (Duplicate response; the other may have been eaten by Yahoo, like
several others lately)

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > Yes! Rather like language itself, where words may convey quite
different tonalities to different people, or even the same people, in
different contexts at different times. None of it is carved in stone, as
far as I can see, anyhow.

> > Perhaps I am a fan of the Latin Rite's "filioque" tenet -- saying
that the Holy Ghost (as Chhandas) proceeds from the Father (Rishi) *and
from the Son* (Devata) -- whereas seeing the HG as Devata may be more of
a Greek-Rite idea, as the Greeks see the HG (Devata) proceeding only
from the Father (Rishi) and not the Son (Chhandas).