--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

> Judy,
> You would be spinning your wheels like the other speculators here. There
> is no relationship, whether actual or imagined between the various
> strata of the Vedic system and any form of Christian theology.

* *  An interesting postulate. Just to play Jaimini's advocate I would suggest
on the other hand there is always a relationship, "actual or imagined," between
everything and everything else.

> Christian theology developed as various layers of Hellenic polytheism
> were grafted onto Semitic monotheism. This shotgun wedding was recently
> called a "bastard union of the inherited conglomerate" and
> rightly so. It only became de rigueur in the parlors after being made de
> jure by Constantine. Such is the history of this Godly
> "illumination" made popular by privileging the
> "faithful" (City people) over the pagans (country folk).

* *  You are probably aware that I am essentially with you in your take on
Christianity; to me the Gospels appear to have been carefully constructed by
the Romans specifically for political, anti-Semitic purposes. Nonetheless,
underneath that there appears to be an archetypal layer of initiatic wisdom
with interesting parallels to MMY's teaching of consciousness-expansion.
Perhaps I am imagining it, but then I don't draw a hard-and-fast distinction
between imagination and actuality; for me imagination plays a crucial role in
our perception of "actual" reality.

> Perhaps it could be intelligible to talk about Latin horizontal
> hypostases versus Orthodox vertical hypostases as two different ways to
> think while considering Trinitarian speculations. But what's the
> point?

* * What's the point of anything?

>   I think the key here is to recognize just how speculative all this is.
> It is even more vacant of meaning than trying to stitch Blavatsky's
> Theosophy onto Vedic/Puranic/Tantric cosmology.

* * I suspect anyone who has diligently studied Blavatsky's Theosophy  (I have
not, particularly) would be hard-put to find much of her thinking in my
cosmologies. And while I enjoy speculation as much as anyone, all of my
cosmologies are grounded in my own experience.