You're just a bullshit con here, Vag.

The words sama-dhi and sam-aa-dhi are different in meaning. Sama-dhi is
not a cognate for Shamataa either.

Vag: "But such confusion is common in TM teachers like
yourself."

This is not an argument but rather the sputtering of your pathetically
obsessive mind spouting its pre-defined claims. Calmness is not the same
as "state of least excitation".

"Furthermore" there is no "we" in this, there is only
"you" and your claims. You are well known here on the forum for
making spurious claims about so-called "scientific" evidence
– you have merely continued that here.

Better than more of your bullshit, how about the truth -

1. Who are your gurus?

2. What is your sampradaya?

3. You claim to be a Nath. Who is your guru?

4. You claim to practice Shri Vidya. This is a very precise practice.
Who initiated you into the sadhana and who explained and trained you how
to perform it properly?

5. You claim to be a dzogchenpa. Who is your instructing Lama? Since you
say you practice Long-de who gave you the teachings?

Please let me know. That way my Lama can write your Lama and find out
why you are here on this forum disparaging Maharishi and the Hindu
tradition. Did your Lama put you up to this?

Aren't you rather just another fake Freemason - only this time
claiming to be an Alchemist, a Nath, a Hindoo Tantrika and a Ngakpa?
………………………………………………………………………………

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2011, at 6:04 PM, emptybill wrote:
>
> > Oh so sorry but you're been given the con's own definition.
> >
> > There is no "transcending" defined in Buddhist meditation - which is
the source lineage for Alan Wallace's concentration training. The
Sanskrit word used by Buddhism is shamataa, from Sanskrit "shama" or
"calm" plus the Sanskrit word ending "taa" or "-ness". Thus the word is
translated as "calmness".

> You're the one conning people. But such confusion is common in TM
teachers like yourself.

> Both systems approach samadhi as a style of "calmness" (in this
particular example). In fact, Maharishi Vedic Science makes a point of
explaining that the "calm mind" is the actual definition of samadhi:
sAma- "calm" and -dhi "mind", samadhi = "the calm mind". Where the two
systems vary is in their View (Skt.: dRSTi). Since View determines
Fruition, their styles of awakening are different, but the approaches
share many similarities, esp. in regard to stages of mental quiesence.

> Furthermore, in the scientific realm we now know that Patanjali yogins
in samadhi show the exact same EEG signature as Tibetan yogis in Rigpa.
The difference is in how they use that state or stage, and apply it.