On Jul 9, 2011, at 8:25 PM, emptybill wrote:

> You're just a bullshit con here, Vag.

Thanks for the ad hominem, it add SO much to already non-existent logic!

> The words sama-dhi and sam-aa-dhi are different in meaning. Sama-dhi is not a
> cognate for Shamataa either.

In Sanskrit, meaning is often contextual. So meaning may not remain consistent
amoung differing contexts.

In the context here, mental quiesence, the meaning in regards to Path are
perfectly apropos. It's the View (drsti) that varies.

> Vag: "But such confusion is common in TM teachers like yourself."
>
> This is not an argument but rather the sputtering of your pathetically
> obsessive mind spouting its pre-defined claims. Calmness is not the same as
> "state of least excitation".

The state of least excitation? Now you're jumping to physics? You lost me dude.
I was talking about mental activity in meditation, not physics.

In TM the buzzword I remember is "settling". It does have a well-known Sanskrit
equivalent.

"During Transcendental Meditation the mind settles down to a silent, yet fully
awake, state of awareness -- pure consciousness." (TM.org)

It's an important myth TM students are indoctrinated in. Many actually
believe(d) it!

> Better than more of your bullshit, how about the truth -
>
> 1. Who are your gurus?
>
> 2. What is your sampradaya?
>
> 3. You claim to be a Nath. Who is your guru?
>
> 4. You claim to practice Shri Vidya. This is a very precise practice. Who
> initiated you into the sadhana and who explained and trained you how to
> perform it properly?
>
> 5. You claim to be a dzogchenpa. Who is your instructing Lama? Since you say
> you practice Long-de who gave you the teachings?

Non-sequitur - filled with more lies. And really none of your business - esp.
for a slimeball like yourself, who takes in the occasional weekend dharma
retreats in KC, while practicing ceremonial magic, claiming also to be a
practicing Greek Orthodox Christian and who knows what else? Try to stay on
topic.