On 08/04/2011 04:52 PM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:

Other techniques have rules about teaching unstable people too. What
direct experience do you have of other techniques?
> "Kundalini syndrome" is a proposed DSM term used to describe super-heavy
> unstressing found in some who practice certain kinds of meditation
> techniques. TM wasn't mentioned as one of those practices, at least by name,
> IIRC.

Western researchers are probably poor judges of any of this. They are
blind men feeling an elephant. :-D

> In fact, research on TM is used to justify the new proposal in the DSM that
> practitioners of meditation who report derealization but who otherwise have
> no symptoms, shouldn't be counted as being mentally unhealthy.

"research of TM" by whom?

>> The mantra shastra on this is that agni mantras are not for the public
>> and yet they are taught in TM. And MMY started out teaching shanti
>> mantras which ARE safe. But then so did every other guru. Guess he
>> wanted to be different. The first technique is just a "warm up" since
>> the second is a more traditional mantra though an agni mantra.
>>
> Eh, MMY believed differently. In fact, he insisted that his was the proper
> interpretation, but time will tell.
>

>> Not to worry though. The TMO will have it's head in the clouds as the
>> economy collapses and never adjust their prices. Hence no one except
>> those with money to throw away will learn.
>>
> Other than the kids learning via the David Lynch Foundation, you mean?
>
> Sounds to me like someone is in denial here, and it isn't necessarily the
> True Believers...
>

> L.

Nonsense. And your experience of teaching meditation? It is laughable
that giving someone just a bija akshara is a superior technique. All
that does is replace (very slowly) the process of shaktipat. The bij
mantras are like sparks and full mantras like flames.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: