The answer to your musings is:  perform actions while established in the Self.
This would include those actions that you think are right for the situation.
This the fight that the Gita is addressing during the battle in Kurukshetra.

IMO, the goal of the Immortality Course is to learn how the self can identify
with the Unified Field which is eternal.  As such, at death the self becomes
eternal.  IOW, for those who believe in the transmigration of the soul, the
body is similar to a cloth that the soul wears while existing in this world and
discards at the moment of death.