Since dukha means a "bad hole" and the cause of it is correlation or
conjunction (samyoga), I think the sage's advice it simple:

"Don't consort with bad holes. "

Ever met any bad holes, Card?

……………………………………………………………………

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb no_reply@ wrote:
> >
> > OK, there is some wisdom in this Maharishi-ism. If you can see
potential
> > trouble brewing down the road and can do something about it before
it
> > hits the fan, there is value in doing that.
> >

> I think at least in the YS, 'heyaM duHkham anaagatam' (the misery
which is not yet come can and is to be avoided -- Taimni) refers
primarily to 'duHkham eva sarvaM vivekinaH' (everything is only misery
for a vivekin -- card).