Re: Conversation between Curtis & Robin

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@...> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 3:06 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
>
> > I, too, thank Curtis for his explanation. I do not
> > share his fascination with either the people he gets
> > into long-winded discussions with, or with any of
> > their ideas, but it's probably good that someone does.
> >
> > As much as I love Curtis, sometimes I see him as the
> > Patron Saint Of The Terminally Self Important.
>
> I've never understood why Curtis gets into these
> insane drama-fests either. But I suppose it fulfills
> some need.

The fascinating thing from my point of view is
that I was serious in complimenting Curtis for
his compassion and his empathy in being willing
to engage in dialogue with these people. My bet
is that they're going to take what I wrote and
try to make it "all about them."

That's exactly why I don't deal with them, and
don't respect them, but DO respect Curtis.

RESPONSE: But Barry, don't you see the irony in all this? You have deprived
Curtis of his cover: he has insinuated he is being honest and sincere with me;
but in fact his motives (according to you) preclude the possibility of being
interested whatsoever in anything I have to say. Now he *can't* write to me
without my seeing through his condescension and patronization. You have exposed
him—Did he intend you to do this? It means, from now on, all his posts to me,
and to those other persons, are invalidated as to their real intention, which,
after all, is just to minister to the needy, the pitiable, the weak. Now that I
know he is not taking me seriously, but is only engaged in a work of
"compassion and empathy" I will not believe him in anything he says to me. I
suppose this must be retroactively true as well. Did you get Curtis's
permission unmask him, Barry? It seems you have now deprived Curtis of his bona
fides to write to any of us—and being the egoist that I am, this is especially
damaging to my project of preparing people for my Second Enlightenment (vide my
post to Sal). No, Barry, I am going to tell Curtis that his friend Barry has
told us the truth about why he writes to me (and others here at FFL). You have
saved me from what eventually would have been an embarrassment from which I
doubt I could ever recover.

So, no more posts to Curtis. I just hope Curtis does not get angry with you,
Barry, for calling him a liar. Because that is just what he is. Damn you
anyway, Curtis. You played me for a fool. And by the way, Barry: Thanks.