Robin---

As always---thank you, your talent for predicting the future continues to amaze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuvPpzPiIec

________________________________
From: maskedzebra <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 10:30:38 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: An apology

Dear Bob Price,

There will be (as evidenced already) persons at FFL who will not like this
apology. Not because of the way you have expressed yourself, but because of to
whom it is addressed. Now I happen to appreciate the clarity and impartiality
in most of what Judy writes; and certainly there is no one here on FFL who, in
some formal sense at least, is a better writer than she is.

But what I wish to draw attention to is what this post reveals about the person
that you are. I doubt there are very many readers and posters at FFL who can
imagine themselves under any circumstance writing with this kind of humility,
sincerity, and intelligence—that is, inside the context of expiating for some
self-judged wrong against another person. Did I know nothing about you; did I
know nothing about the person to whom you are speaking, I would nevertheless
admire—even love—the person who was capable of exhibiting such bright and
intelligent feeling. What strikes me most in this post is the disarming
boldness and coherence with which you make your appeal. There is not a touch of
sentimentality or self-confusion here. I think it quite an extraordinary proof
of the depth of personality and powers of self-command that you possess.

I should have anticipated the response, which instead of catching at what I am
trying to describe, focuses on the object of your apology. Even the fact of how
you come across here—in the way in which I have interpreted you—says something
positive about Judy. Because had it not been appropriate—or somehow
excessive—for you to write in this way to her—then your post would have
suffered from its very ambition: namely to do justice to another human being.

That Judy could bring this out from within you, is a measure of who she is as a
person. But what imperially forces me to speak here is my sense of who the
person must be who was capable of putting themselves in the position you have
and then finding the grace to write what cannot be misunderstood, what seems to
almost perfectly fulfil its very real intention.

Judy,

I want to apologize for my behavior and some posts I made---accusing you of
censorship; I was full of s*it and you were right to push back and correct me. I
have no evidence to support such an accusation and you obviously don't behave
that way. I also apologize for taking way too long to send this post, and hope
it still qualifies as: "better late than never". I also want to thank the three
"R's", for helping me find my better angel; Rory (reading), Robin (riting) and
Ravi (rithmatic). As you may have guessed; my head is populated by at least two
angels; a very dark troll-like one (about the size of a sumo wrestler) who
lives, rent free, in my left hemisphere----he's very noisy and get's most of my
airtime; in my right hemisphere, another angel lives, she's translucent, about
the size of a hummingbird---refracts light beautifully, grows gardenias, and
quietly warns me---just before I attempt to be a dickhead; she does it in such
an subtle way, its easy
to ignore her, and I end up making a fool of myself. Every time I do this the
Sumo gains about 20 lbs (you can imagine, how big he is). It normally takes
friends like the three "R's' before I pay any attention to what she
whispered---that might have saved me. In other words---I'm sorry.

Unless you've heard this one already; I thought you might enjoy something the
wife (always a fan of yours) said to me yesterday:

"You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts".

It may be your gentleness, with our resident angels; I hope you don't mind me
saying; lately, you've reminded me of Karen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6svoM3UWE