--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>

> > OK, I do have to intervene at this point to deal with
> > some comments made about me.

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > >
> > <terasnip>
> > > Still, what you insist is the case with Judy, that does seem
> > > interesting to me. Even as your friend Barry insults her in the
> > > bitterest and most scathing (and, I believe prejudiced and
> > > unwarranted) ways. Me, if I have a friendship with someone and
> > > I notice they are being unfair and hateful—and usually
> > > ridiculous—in their behaviour towards someone else (who I hold
> > > in very different terms), then I feel forced to say something
> > > to my friend [Barry].
> > >
> > > ME:Hang around a bit and you will see why I feel that it is
> > > not so lopsided.  This is an actual feud and neither side is
> > > blameless.
> >
> > Curtis has said many times that he doesn't read my
> > exchanges with Barry. That's OK, but on that basis
> > he is not in a position to remark on the balance of
> > blame.
>
> ME: Judy I never claimed never to have read them.
> You guys are kind of prolific and a bit repetitive.
> I have read plenty to evaluate them.

Actually your comments on them, including in this
post, demonstrate that you haven't read nearly
enough.

> I avoid them because they are kind of mean on both
> sides.

And here's an example: They're always mean on Barry's
side. But not on mine.

Moreover, many of his mean posts about me and others
*are addressed to you*. If I say something negative
to you about Barry, you usually defend him. If he
says something negative to you about me, you almost
always just ignore it.

> > I don't claim to be "blameless," but I utterly reject
> > the notion that blame in the Barry-Judy situation is
> > anything but *hugely* lopsided.
>
> ME: And predictibly he feels the opposite I'll bet.  That
> is the nature of feuds.

He will *say* it's the opposite. I'm quite sure he
knows better. And so would you if you'd read enough
of our posts.

> > Just for one thing, if one were to read my posts that
> > comment on Barry's, one would find that a significant
> > number of them--I'd guess at least 50 percent--are not
> > simply insults; quite a few are not insulting at all.
> > Rather, they involve reasoned, noninflammatory analysis
> > of points that Barry has made.
>
> ME: And often in demeaning language that is pretty much
> guarenteed to continue the ill will.

And there's another example demonstrating that you
haven't read enough to say. Heck, you didn't even
read what *I* just said. "Reasoned, noninflammatory
analysis" is the opposite of "demeaning."

And then there's this:

> > That is never the case with Barry's posts that have
> > to do with me.

Barry's posts having to do with me are *always*
demeaning.

> > There are other lopsided elements as well. I don't
> > *make up* stuff about Barry, for instance.

And this.

<snip>
> > But it would be very interesting to see what bed Curtis
> > would make with Barry were he to land on Barry's shit
> > list and be subject to the same treatment Barry gives to
> > the others on that list. Curtis might not be quite so
> > sanguine about the availability of "other choices."
>
> ME: There are examples.  Jim and I

This isn't an example that relates to what I just wrote.

<snip>
> And I am not even advocating that you do change your pattern
> with Barry..  You both seem to enjoy it

I don't. There's nothing enjoyable about interacting
with Barry when one is on his "enemies" list.

> so I get it, that this is none of my business.  I was just
> giving my opinion to Robin that the Tango rule is in full
> force here.

And I'm pointing out why your opinion is way off-base.

<snip>
> I don't understand why you feel you need anyone to intervene

I don't "need" anyone to intervene. I simply point out
that you don't intervene, on my behalf or anybody else's.
That's your choice. It isn't a choice I respect.