Dear Curtis,

Brilliant and just summation. Thank you. Reading this had the effect of
reliving the entire correspondence between us: both at FFL and offline. I was
apprehensive at first, thinking you would be tempted to debunk the whole
thing—you know:the Jr High Thing; but, thank God, you were true to the "sheer
joy" you confessed was your experience in posting with Robin.

You are one crazy man, Curtis. No one has ever caught up to you. And what you
are about in writing posts like this one, is beyond fathoming—except that you
like to play against yourself. I must assume, from what you have said, that our
correspondence, then, has nothing in it of what you take with you to sing the
blues. This must be the case. As I doubt you would trifle with something as
existentially sacred (for you) as that.

I resent profoundly your ridiculous and mischievous caricature of me—and even
of yourself, although it is clear, were I reading this, and knew nothing about
either Robin or Curtis, I would find myself siding, obviously, with the Curtis
guy.

You have drawn the crudest cartoon of our conversation, even as you will say,
in your response to this, Hey, Robin! I was only fulfilling the Cliff Notes
request of tartbrain. What did you expect me to do? If I can poke fun at myself
in this act, why are you so serious and uptight that you can't take some
pleasure in what I have pulled off? Robin, you are too much of a fucking
Puritan or something: for Christ sake: lighten up! I was just having some merry
fun here. No harm done, big guy.

You're out of control, Curtis. But that's not translatable in ways that anyone
but you could understand. I take back nothing of what I have said to you over
the past eight months; I only am adding some elements which make of you
something more complex and profound than I even thought you were when you just
elicited love and awesome enjoyment from deep inside of me.

Why not stop the game, Curtis Baby. You are brilliant and hilarious and strong
and wise. What the fuck is going on with your mocking, taunting, teasing,
bullying, sabotaging, manipulating, invading, overpowering?

Curtis: I have no fucking idea what you are talking about, Robin. Why don't you
life. I summarized our dialogues at FFL—and my estimation of what our offline
correspondence meant—and I did not feel I impugned its integrity in any way
whatsoever: Hey, Robin: Remember irony? You use it all the time. You're just a
bit slow and ponderous this morning. Get some of that Curtis caffein into you;
then you'll be ready to rock and roll with me. I love you, Robin Baby.

You move everywhere and in every direction in every moment. No one has ever
pinned you down, Curtis. And do I admit to being bested by you? Well, of course
I do.—At least by one definition: I don't understand your agenda. And I don't
think anyone does—although most everyone here at FFL will be sure that Robin
has overshot the mark here. Fine. I am talking about where you really are at
when it comes to going through death. Something like that.

I think you a bullshitter, Curtis, but a bullshitter who covers himself with
truth, with morality, with dignity, with the most ferocious integrity I have
ever known.

And do I still love you? You bet. But I will not give any quarter. And we shall
see whether your POV—and your secret and lethal modus operandi—finally does
away with me—at least here at FFL. I have no desire to continue to post at
FFL—except that I will get stronger, and that I can get tested. You've done a
pretty goddamn good job of providing this function since the very beginning,
But is it ever heating up now.

Hi, Curtis, my man. You are still here. That's good. I don't think you have the
faintest idea of what I am all about. But know one thing: I don't and won't
play with my final sincerity. No way. You do it all the time. Still, when all
is said and done, you just might be right, and I —in comparison at least—more
wrong. I mean about everything.

The Zimmerman Telegram has been finally shown to me. It demonstrates either
pure dishonesty and mendacity on Barry's part; or, if I am take him at his
word, the same with regard to yourself. Germany telling Mexico to make war on
the United States—because, the accusation is that the US has been lying to
Mexico.

Your comments in response to that e-mail that Bob Price confronted me with,
indicate either 1. total ignorance about what Barry sent to Bob Price; or else
2, cunning obfuscation and reality distortion.

No matter what I have said here, Curtis. I still think you about the most
marvellous character I have met. I think you a perfect (but very very subtle)
asshole for writing as you have to tartbrain. Nevertheless I understand this is
how you play fast and loose with reality. As if, in making love to the woman
you adore, you get up and say: Well, that beats cutting the lawn, doesn't it,
baby?

By the way, when I watch and listen to you play the blues, I feel and
experience something preternaturally powerful and riveting. It is like no other
musical experience I have had—although Michael Jackson in his prime has a kind
of strangely beautiful and haunting effect on me. Can I take your music,
Curtis, and make it into muzak?

Well, one thing is clear: we are finally getting to know each other.

>From one motherfucker to another motherfucker,

Robin

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>