--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Re: Conversation between Curtis & Robin

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@>
> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I believe that it is a rare bird who would enjoy wading
> > > through this personal conversation with Robin.
> >
> > I guess I'm one of those birds, because I've been
> > loving it. For me it's like watching one of the old
> > movie serials. When I finish reading one of the
> > posts, I'm thinking, Wow, how is Curtis/Robin going
> > to deal with *this*? I'm practically on the edge of
> > my seat waiting to find out.
> >
> > And then when the response gets posted, I'm cheering
> > how it dealt with the previous post and wondering how
> > the other guy is possibly going to produce a good
> > comeback. The two of them keep out-thinking each other,
> > as well as illuminating their own POVs. It's really
> > a superbly executed and fascinating dialectic, the
> > best we've seen here in a long while, because both
> > of them have the intestinal fortitude to actually
> > *engage* with each other.
> >

> I've been quietly lurking, reading most of Curtis and Robin's posts. It's a
> lot
> to wade through but it's worth the effort. Their conversation invites me to
> get
> in synch with their thought processes and experience the unfolding of their
> deeply felt, yet, uniquely intellectual approaches to reality. The brain power
> between them could light up a city.
>
> The only sport my Dad enjoyed watching on TV was boxing, so very early on I
> learned to cheer evenly matched opponents. Busker Boy Curtis in Boxer-Blue
> shorts vrs. Fancy Pants Robin in Cardinal Red pantaloons are evenly matched
> heavy weights. Jabs, hooks, one-two punches, he's up, he's down and so far
> it's
> a draw! Thanks for tickets to ring-side, guys. Ding!
>

> Dear raunchydog,
>
> I have to read my bad reviews from The Netherlands (and, apparently from
> elsewhere too, since that scathing critic insists that quietly others in the
> audience are also bored—or find the performance of one of the actors sexually
> ambiguous). I have to admit, then, to receive an ovation like this one is
> encouraging, and more than just a consolation.
> I suppose Socrates did not philosophize for the applause, but I am no
> Socrates, but a human being who, after receiving the harshest of judgments,
> feels soothed and happy—and almost vindicated—by all that you say here.
>
> Not only this:—I can't resist making this point: my critics must forgive
> me—but I find the manner of your expressing your appreciation for the
> Robin-Curtis dialogues (contentious as they are) more entertaining and
> refreshing than how my primary critic has managed to persuade me of his
> disgust and revulsion [Curtis says his friend would rather sit on a hot
> Hibachi than read one of those Curtis-Robin conversations.]. And—I need to
> [...]

Ahh...Chartres, I've been there. A gentlemanly British fellow gave tours in
2004. I don't know if he's still there. Chartres has a fascinating history. Our
guide told us Chartres is a place of pilgrimage because of the relic, Sancta
Camisa, believed to be the tunic worn by the Blessed Virgin Mary at the time of
Christ's birth. I found out this morning, "It Ain't Necessarily So"
http://youtu.be/Mkgt263juzM ...damn that Wikipedia.

That Commie Curtis may be a non-believer, but I can assure you he's far more
interested in Pootang than Pyongyang.

I thought you might enjoy pictures of Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres. The
only shot I regret not getting was of the labyrinth.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106545400900838340106/Chartres?authuser=0&feat=directlink

http://tinyurl.com/3wmfm7q

By the way if Benedict of Nursia had been paying more attention to the
principles of Sthapatya Veda, he wouldn't have built Monte Cassino on a pagan
site or lost his temper and smashed the sculpture of Apollo on the altar. Had
that not happened, the inspirational absence of the Mother of God might be
alive today. Thank you, Wikipedia.