--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I came onto FFL because of you. Perhaps now, with this
> > definitive and negative judgment of me I am through with
> > FFL.
>
> So what are the rest of us, chopped liver?
>
> > With the fondest of memories,
> >
> > Robin Stein
>
> Yikes...

RESPONSE: No, it worked this way, Judy: Rick invited me via Gina Catena to post
at FFL. I decided to consider this proposition, but first wrote to Rick. He
referred to both you and Curtis [as indicating what writers I might find
interesting and impressive], but said, if I wanted to see the quality of
Curtis's posts there was one right there that day for me to read.

So I read Curtis's post, and decided: Yes, this is for me.

In this sense, I came onto FFL because of Curtis. Not in any sense because of,
subsequently determining (once I began posting) that my original justification
was the end of the matter.

I soon got in contact with authfriend's posts—which Rick had also
recommended—and later some of the rest of the FFL posters. Which is to say that
I have greatly benefited from nearly everyone (some exceptions, of course :-)
but even they are part of Providence and have been useful for my own
understanding of everything), and the whole experience of posting at FFL has
been literally (I believe) salvational.

I should not have implied, as I did imply, that Curtis's anathematizing of me
signified that there was no point in posting again. But after having invested
so much of myself in that five-part post, and having just got a response that I
would never have anticipated, I took some poetic licence and made that
sententious threat.

It is just that I have given so much (and received so much) from my dialogues
with Curtis; and it seemed impossible that it should all come to this. I
remembered my first impression of reading one of Curtis's posts, and how this
drew me in. So this memory came up in the aftermath of Curtis's capital
punishment decree, and I went with it.

I can assure you, Judy, that you, Steve, raunchydog, obbajeeba, Feste37, Jim,
Bob Price, Paul, meruanda, Rick, Ravi, Emily—and even others—have enriched my
life and my understanding.

So, No, I disavow what was implied in that declaration if it was taken to mean
that I did not appreciate the wonderful other posts and posters at FFL that
have entered into my life here in Canada.

Good point, Judy. And by the way, thanks for clearing up that matter (this goes
way back) about the gender of the Oracle at Delphi.

The sandbox is bigger than just Curtis it seems.

Appreciate this reflection of yours, Judy.

Robin